Follow Us on Twitter
- UK wide survey of academics spotlights researchers’ reliance on open access
- RLUK Conferences
- 10-12th.11.10 RLUK Conference 2010, University of Edinburgh and NLS
- Conference 2012 Registration Form
- RLUK Welcomes its New Chair and Directors to Board of Directors
- RLUK Board
- Press Release: RLUK Develops Journal Subscription Analysis Tool
- 22-24th.10.08 RLUK Conference, University of Leeds
- RLUK Contacts
- Re-skilling for Research
Article in Times Higher Education: RLUK Libraries reject 'raw deal' on e-journals
Cut cost of accessing research catalogues or lose RLUK business, publishers told.
Paul Jump, Times Higher.
Major research libraries have told the two largest journal publishers that they will not renew their "big deals" with them if they do not make significant real-terms price reductions.
Research Libraries UK, which includes the Russell Group university libraries, as well as the UK's national libraries and Trinity College Library Dublin, have told Elsevier and Wiley-Blackwell that they will not renew their current deals when they expire at the end of this year unless the concession is made.
Full article available here