14th May 2008 – Copac Update: Tate Library loaded and 8 new libraries to be added 01/01/70 12:00:00
Tate Library (Tate Britain) loaded
The complete catalogue of the Tate Library (Tate Britain) has now been loaded on Copac. The library covers British art since 1500 and international art since 1900. The focus is on fine art in the Western tradition, although coverage is being extended to other regions. The collections’ emphasis is on modern and contemporary art. The library holds over 40,000 books, 140,000 exhibition catalogues and many rare items in its special collections. The records have been added as part of the Copac Challenge Fund.
New libraries to be added
Eight new libraries are to be added to Copac giving researchers access to more valuable and fascinating resources.
Records will be added from:
– Chetham’s Library http://www.chethams.org.uk
– Henry Moore Institute http://www.henry-moore-fdn.co.uk
– University of Reading Special Collections http://www.reading.ac.uk
– Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow http://www.rcpsg.ac.uk
– Royal College of Surgeons of England http://www.rcseng.ac.uk
– French Institute www.institut-francais.org.uk
– York Minster http://www.yorkminster.org
– Society of Antiquaries http://www.sal.org.uk
Further information about the collections to be added can be found on the Copac website http://copac.ac.uk/libraries/forthcoming
The first five libraries in the list are being added as part of the Challenge Fund, an initiative funded by RLUK, the Research Information Network and the British Library. Further information about the Challenge Fund can be found on the RLUK website http://www.rluk.ac.uk
The libraries will be added from summer 2008, following on from the first 12 libraries added as part of the Challenge Fund.
Keep up to date with developments at Copac by subscribing to the Copac Blog:
The Copac Challenge Fund activity is funded by RLUK, the RIN and the British Library
For more information contact – Mike Mertens, Deputy Executive Director, RLUK, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT. Email: email@example.com. Tel: +44 (0)121 415 8107