Follow Us on Twitter
- RRLM Workshop - The Role of the Library in the Research Process
- Conference 2012 Registration Form
- RLUK Conferences
- RLUK Board
- 10-12th.11.10 RLUK Conference 2010, University of Edinburgh and NLS
- RLUK Welcomes its New Chair and Directors to Board of Directors
- UK wide survey of academics spotlights researchers’ reliance on open access
- 22-24th.10.08 RLUK Conference, University of Leeds
- Press Release: RLUK Develops Journal Subscription Analysis Tool
- Re-skilling for Research
UK RESEARCH RESERVE (UKRR) PROJECT
The UK Research Reserve is an agreement between higher education and the British Library whereby the British Library will store journals no longer required by HE libraries, retain them permanently and make them accessible to researchers and others who wish to consult them.
The UKRR will be based on the holdings of UK HE libraries, and with the British Library at its core. The British Library will store and maintain the collection, and provide a range of services to ensure quick and easy access to the material for researchers.
To spread the preservation risk and to help to ensure continuing access to the material within the collection, a minimum number of copies of each item will be retained by the research library community, in addition to the British Library copy.
UKRR Phase Two hopes to involve more HE libraries in the programme to allow the Research Reserve to grow and reach its full potential. For more information please see www.ukrr.ac.uk