Associate Directors Network (ADN)
The RLUK Associate Directors Network is a professional network for RLUK members in a Deputy Librarian or Associate Director role. It aims to provide a forum for discussion and sharing of experience, the opportunity to participate in the business of RLUK and to aid succession planning.
Upcoming ADN-related events
Terms of Reference
Imperial College London
SOAS University of London
- To organise two events per year, with the support of the RLUK Executive.
- To liaise with the RLUK Executive and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for SCLN Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The ADN is open to members of an RLUK institution who hold a Deputy Librarian or Associate Director role. Members will be nominated (by name rather than by job title) by the Director of their respective institution with a limit of only one ADN member per institution.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, lead by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
- ADN members will have the opportunity to contribute to RLUK strategic developments through involvement in working groups or other activities initiated or agreed by the RLUK Board.
- An ADN member may be nominated by the RLUK Board to represent RLUK on an external committee or group.
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.