Collections Strategy Network (CSN)
The RLUK Collections Strategy Network (CSN) is a professional-peer network for colleagues who are responsible for collection strategy within an RLUK member library. It acts as a forum for discussion, knowledge sharing, peer development, and harnesses RLUK members’ collective experience and expertise.
Terms of Reference
Royal Holloway, University of London
University of Reading
- To organise two events per year, with the support of the RLUK Executive.
- To liaise with the RLUK Executive and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for CSN Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The CSN is open to senior colleagues of an RLUK library who are responsible for collections strategy. Each RLUK member may nominate one colleague to represent them on this network. Nominated members should be sufficiently senior as to be able to represent their member library on the multiplicity of collection management issues it faces and have strategic oversight of their library’s operations as a whole. We would suggest that these are at the level of Associate Director or equivalent.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, lead by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
- CSN members will have the opportunity to contribute to RLUK strategic developments through involvement in working groups or other activities initiated or agreed by the RLUK Board.
- A CSN member may be nominated by the RLUK Board to represent RLUK on an external committee or group.
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.