New Directors Network (NDN)
The RLUK New Directors’ Network (NDN) is a professional-peer network for RLUK colleagues who have recently been appointed as library directors, those in interim positions as library directors, or for those who have recently joined an RLUK member as a library director (having been a director in non-RLUK affiliated library previously).
Upcoming NDN-related events
Terms of Reference
University of Glasgow
- To organise two events per year, with the support of the RLUK Executive.
- To liaise with the RLUK Executive and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for NDN Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The NDN will be open to members of an RLUK library who have recently been appointed as library director or hold this position on an interim basis. It is not a requirement that these individuals have previously been a member of RLUK’s Associate Directors Network.
Owing to the nature and purpose of this group, and its focus on new directors, we recommend that members leave this group after a defined period of two years.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, lead by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.