University of Cambridge
- To organise events with the support of the RLUK Executive.
- To liaise with the RLUK Executive and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The OSN is open to members of an RLUK library who are involved in the development and delivery of Scholarly Communication, Open Science, Open Research, Open Scholarship, or related activities. The network is designed for senior members of staff who are engaged in strategic development and management. Members will be nominated (by name rather than by job title) by the Director of their respective institution. Member libraries can nominate up to two members of the OSN as appropriate, and both individuals can hold voting rights. Some OSN meetings may be held as open meetings, allowing multiple colleagues from a single institution to attend.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, led by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
- OSN members will have the opportunity to contribute to RLUK strategic developments through involvement in working groups or other activities initiated or agreed by the RLUK Board.
- An OSN member may be nominated by the RLUK Board to represent RLUK on an external committee or group.
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.