The Power of Knowledge Phase 2
The second phase of our Power of Knowledge strategic plan gives us a clear steer for activities up to August 2014. Some of the strategic aims will explore new ways of looking at old concerns (such as the importance of unique and distinctive collections), while others will help redefine what it means to be a research library in the 21st century.
A key theme is the need for collaboration and cooperation to ensure that we both address the pressures the sector daces today and take full advantage of opportunities new technologies offer us. The concept of openness also crosses over all our activities, whether it be open access in scholarly communication and the provision of open metadata, or openness in terms of the transparency we strive for in the way we work.
Our five strategic aims
- Redefining the research library model
- Collaborating to reduce costs and improve quality
- Shaping ethical and effective publishing
- Promoting unique and distinctive collections
- Modelling the library role in research data management
Top image courtesy of University of Bristol Library, Special Collections