University of Leeds
University of Edinburgh
- To organise two events per year, with the support of the RLUK office.
- To liaise with the RLUK Office and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for SCLN Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The SCLN is open to members of an RLUK institution who hold a senior special collections role. Members will be nominated (by name rather than by job title) by the Director of their respective institution with a limit of only one SCLN member per institution.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, led by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
- The RLUK administrative secretary will be present to take notes and assist in the compilation of the report to the group members and the Board.
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.