Special Collections Leadership network (SCLN)
The RLUK Special Collections Leadership Network (SCLN) is a professional peer network for RLUK members in a senior special collections role. It aims to provide a forum for discussion and sharing of experience, and the opportunity to participate in the business of RLUK by helping to shape the strategic direction for RLUK around special collections work. The SCLN will be aligned to the development of an audience focussed strategy for special collections, contributing to the expertise of its members as the strategy evolves through participation in discussion, workshops and events designed to drive the strategy forward.
The SCLN is now in its second year of existence and is established as [...]
The beginning of June saw the third workshop organised in the context of the [...]
Terms of Reference
University of Manchester
University of Edinburgh
- To organise two events per year, with the support of the RLUK office.
- To liaise with the RLUK Office and Board regarding the current and future development of the group.
- The term of service for SCLN Convenors is 2 years. Convenors are selected by nomination and election.
The SCLN is open to members of an RLUK institution who hold a senior special collections role. Members will be nominated (by name rather than by job title) by the Director of their respective institution with a limit of only one SCLN member per institution.
- The intellectual input of the group is the responsibility of its members, lead by two elected Convenors. The Executive will provide logistical and administrative assistance when needed.
- Convenors will serve a term of two years, with replacements sought through nomination and election.
- The RLUK administrative secretary will be present to take notes and assist in the compilation of the report to the group members and the Board.
Group members will have the opportunity to join RLUK strategic strand groups (there are currently five strategic strands) and will, in turn, seek input from ADN members and report progress.
A group member may be nominated by the Board to represent RLUK on an external committee or group
Travel and expenses of group members will be borne by their institution. Expenses of invited speakers will be covered by RLUK subject to prior agreement from the RLUK Treasurer.
The network has an allocated yearly budget at its disposal to cover the cost of events e.g. venue hire, catering etc.